Thursday, May 7, 2009

Emma's Big Day

Real quick I wanted to let everyone know that they are going to extubate Emma today. This means that she is doing so well on the vent that they think she might be able to have the ET tube removed. She will be but on Cpap, which will cover her nose and mouth instead of having a tube down her throat. If she doesn't do well with this they will reintubate her. There is a very strong possibility that she will end up back on the vent(not uncommon), but we won't know unless we try. Fingers crossed!!!

10 comments:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

yea!! praying she will be able to stay off the big tube....

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad for you..and saying many prayers of thanks. I knew God was watching closely and finally decided that the poor baby had had enough...now we must all pray that from now on her recovery will be on the way up! I know it is really good news for all of us who are keeping track but most especially for you both.
Abby and Reagan are surely watching over their sister. Fondly, Vonnie

Teri and Jared said...

So awesome! I am praying for you! I am so happy for little Emma!!!! YEAH!!! God bless.

Deb ;) said...

Awesome! I know things are going to go well. You remain in my daily prayers.

Ginger Wilson said...

Well....Miss Emma just is going to show everyone she is getting to be a big girl! That is wonderful news! I will be praying for the Lord to watch over her and Abigail!

Love you!!!!

UMM...UMM GOOD! POSSIBLITIES! said...

Whoo Hoo!! Go, Emma, Go!

The Turner family said...

Baby steps!! That is great that they are giving it a try!

The Bradford's said...

That is amazing. We are praying for her and that this goes well. We love you!!!

Audrey said...

So proud of little Emma and her Momma too. You both did GREAT today!
I will be praying she has a good night.
Audrey

Lisa Forst Williams said...

That's awesome news!!!