Saturday, June 20, 2009

~Happy Father's Day~

Patrick,
There was a point in my life when I thought I just wanted to travel life’s journey by myself. I was comfortable with the idea because that way I couldn’t be hurt. Was I happy? No, but I was content. Then one day this blonde hair blue eyed man moved in next door, and I never saw what was coming. You helped me to see that a life alone was not a life at all. You brought patience, humor, friendship, love, and so many more gifts into my life.
As we embarked on the journey to parenthood, you were always a source of support when the months went by and still no positive. You cheered me on when I needed encouraging, and you wiped away the tears when it was just unbearable. I know it wasn’t easy for you, but you never let it show. I’ve been asked where I find my strength, and I always say Pat. He gives me strength.
Our sweet little ones couldn’t have done better in the dad department. I watch you hold Emma and Abigail, and it’s easy to see how much you love them. You are this strong man, but when you hold them close you turn into a big teddy bear. It makes me love you more. It’s comforting to know that you are always going to be there for them just as you are for me. I’ve waited a long time to say “Happy Father’s Day!!”
I was asked the question once “How has God graced your life?” It was one of the easiest questions to answer. He gave me you.
I love you,
Jan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear friends,

Happy Father's day for Pat! I am always moved when you write about your love. It is real and strong! Congratulations!

I am still praying daily for your twins to grow and heal; and for you, I ask for patience, strength and acceptance.

Once again, please know that we are with you 100%!

Ginger Wilson said...

I've been out of town for a few days and just read your blog! I'm so glad the surgery went well and will continue to pray for the girls. Your love, faith and strength amaze me every single day.

Love you!