I know it's been awhile since the last post, but with one home and one at the hospital there isn't a whole lot of extra time these days. The girls are doing well. Abby has been having some issues with her reflux so we've had to change her feeding schedule to every two hours and then keep her sitting up right for 30 minutes afterwards. That seems to be helping. She is up to 6 lbs 4 oz. She and I try to get around and get to the hospital by noon, but most of the time it works out to be 1 o'clock before we finally get there.
Emma is still trucking along trying to get rid of her yeast infection. The good news this weekend was her blood cultures from the 19th came back negative. This means we can finally start the count down for the antibiotics. As of today she has about 13 days left. Once she is off of the meds, they will do another blood culture to make sure the infection has been completely killed off. We will wait approximately 5 days for the culture to grow. When it is negative we will go back to surgery to repair her bowel. Then we wait for her to heal and start her slowly back on milk. We think all in all this whole process will be about 6-7 wks. We are eager to have her home, but we want her to be well when she finally comes home.
We'll do our best to update more often.
Just stop...
10 years ago
4 comments:
I can't imagine how busy you two must be. Thank you for taking time for the update. I check on you all daily. I'm praying for strength for all of you and continued healing for these precious little ones in these next few weeks. Hope you have a good week.
Jana and Pat,
I am glad to hear good news from your end. I am praying for you and the girls to be together at home very soon.
I was so thankful to read the report on the girls. Abby must really be glad to be home..sounds like she is doing fine. I have full confidence that it won't take Emma long to catch up to her. In the meantime, do take it as easy as you can..I know you are so faithful about spending time with both of the girls but some days just aren't long enough..don't feel bad if you just can't work it all in..your own being rested and able is so important when raising children.
I am so happy for all of you. Fondly, Vonnie
Praying for all of you every single day. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment