Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Huge Thank You

We want to send a huge thank you to our dear friends Corinne and Jeremy from the NICU. While they have been home with their little boy for some time now, they continue to support us as our journey continues. They are honestly some of the most genuinely sweet people I've meet. Yesterday they came by the NICU, but Abby and I were at her eye appointment. They had dropped off a box of goodies for us. They brought us all the fixings for tacos from a local place called Dixon's (I hope I got that right!). They are unique and absolutely yummy. They had everything from the shells and meat to the lettuce, cheese, etc. She even included cookies for dessert. There was also a gift for the girls which had Soothie pacifiers and pacifier holders. We love those pacifiers!! I hope they know how much we appreciate everything. We are so grateful for their friendship.

As for an update on the girls, they are continuing to do well. Abby is adjusting to being home, but still has some sleeping issues at night, but I think she's getting those worked out. Today she had her appointment with the pediatrician. She got her 4 month immunization shots, and only cried briefly. She weighed in at 7 lbs even with her length being 19 inches. The doctor continues to be impressed with her. We also meet with some ladies from a program here in Kansas known as Infant Toddlers. The nurse and occupational therapist couldn't believe that she was home without any oxygen or monitors. They said that she was doing great and gave us some pointers on how we could further her along. Since she qualifies for the program due to her early arrival and birth weight, she will have a physical therapist come to the house to work with her once a month. She will continue to be assessed as her needs change.

Emma is kicking this yeast infection in the butt. They repeated her blood culture, and it was negative. She will be on antibiotics until the 9th, and then they will repeat her culture 48 hours after ending the antibiotics to make sure it continues to be negative. They are looking at surgery to put her plumbing back together on the 14th. This is of course a tentative date but we are hopeful that it is sooner rather than later. Her fistula has prolapsed quite a bit now and is now longer than her ostomy.

That's all for now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update sounds really positive. I appreciate your taking the time to keep us informed. All four of you continue to be in my prayers.

Ginger Wilson said...

The update is awesome! Emma is a tough little girl....just like her mom! I'm glad things are going well, I think of you often!

Jill said...

We are glad things are going well and are glad you have met some great people up there. It always helps to have support when you are living so far from "home" and family. I'm glad the girls are getting good reports! They are so tough and such fighters! We're still praying!

Unknown said...

Jana,

I am happy for your family! Very good news! I continue praying for you 4!

Lisa Forst Williams said...

God is so good. It's amazing to think about where you all have been and where you are now. Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear the update of the family..sounds like you are on the upward path..which is good news. I am sure you are busy trying to keep up with everything..won't it be wonderful when Emma can finally have her surgery..it will be soon I hope. When she gets home, Abby will be able to 'show her all the ropes". God bless and help all of you. Fondly, Vonnie