It's been some time since my last post, and I apologize to those of you who check often only to find that the page has not been updated. My intentions are to post at least once a week but the girls and life are keeping me a little busy. When I do finally have time at the end of the day to sit down, I just don't seem to have the energy to organize my thoughts. I'll see if I can't catch everyone up on what's been going on here in our little world.
If I think back far enough to the last time I posted it would be somewhere around Mother's Day. Pat's parents called and asked if they could come down and watch the girls so Pat and I could get away for the weekend. What a great offer. While we didn't venture far, because of my difficulty leaving the girls (only ever spent one day without seeing them), we did spend the weekend at the Plaza in Kansas City. It was something we had been wanting to do every since we moved here. We were able to eat at some fabulous restaurants, and Pat was wonderful about having to spend about 6 hours shopping. Such a good man. We really enjoyed being able to spend time as a couple. Thanks to Bill and Elaine for driving all this way to give us a much needed break.
That Sunday Pat and I were able to attend church and actually pay attention since we didn't have two little monkeys to try and keep quiet. We then went to a wonderful brunch at Sullivan's Steakhouse......yum yum. When we were back at the house Pat gave me a frame with the two girls pictures in it and a picture my niece Bailey took of us holding hands in the hospital. It brought me to tears just seeing those pictures and knowing how far we've come. Pat and I had talked early that weekend about how different this year was compared to last year. I remembered that last year on Mother's Day we walked in to the NICU to see our sweet Emma on room air. I know that doesn't seem like much, but it was the first time we had actually been able to see her face without huge tubes, tape, or a mask. The NICU hadn't called to inform us of this because they wanted to surprise us when we came in. It was a wonderful gift. This year our girls were home celebrating with us.
Just stop...
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment