Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mies Family Reunion



We took the girls to Illinois recently for the Mies Family Reunion. On our way there we stopped in St. Louis to take the girls to the City Museum. It wasn't quite what we expected but the girls had a great time running around. The first floor was mostly attractions that had numerous amounts of tunnels that children could go in. On the second floor there was an aquarium. The third floor was more of a unique museum. There girls rode a small train, and played in the No Skate, Skate Park. It was just as it sounds. A skate park without skateboards. Instead you ran up or down, or slide down them. I took the above picture there. Just had to take this picture, because my mom has a picture of my sister and I standing in front of Big Boy also.

Once we got to Illinois, we made our rounds introducing the girls to family whom they hadn't been able to meet yet. We had the great privilege of introducing the girls to another set of twins in the family, Rita and Rosie. We also introduced them to many others. One man, Tom, at the reunion told me that the girls are such joys and make their way into your heart, but once you hear their story they just steal your heart. He went on to say that they are God's greeters, and I have to say his words were so eliquent and sweet that they brought me to tears.




Here are a few pictures from the trip.


Mr. Turtle




Abby standing in front of the turtle tank.


Emma crawling through a tunnel that went through the middle of the tank that held the turtle and sharks.

The girls with Aunt Rosie.


The girls with Aunt Rita.


The girls and Aunt Annie while we were touring the "town center." The girls loved playing at her house.

Cole, Ethan, and Sean. These boys are such great kids. They offered to watch the girls at the reunion so Pat and I could talk with everyone.
The girls riding with President Lincoln.

A few extra pictures.
The girls playing dress up for their cousin Bailey. They look enthused, right?



Sweet Abby

Sweet Emma


The girls trying to get cool in front of the fan.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures camed thru fine and I was so glad to see them. I don't know if I recognize either Rosie or Rita but then I know I have changed too. And Jim Duffy looks good too. Ann is still her smiling self....I certainly did enjoy them..thanks so much for getting them on site. Those little girls are just getting sweeter with every picture. Vonnie

Anonymous said...

E-mail address:
yayayvonne@sbcglobal.net