Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Beautiful New England

We took a trip with our friends, Tara and Craig, to New England the first of October. We had such a wonderful time touring Boston and taking in the beautiful scenery of Bar Harbor, Maine. We were gone for a total of 7 days (2 days in Bar Harbor, 3 full days in Boston, and the rest traveling), and Pat's parents were here taking care of the girls. The girls did very well with our absence. The only melt down came from Abby on our last day. I know now not to say that mommy will be home soon.


We spent one and a half days walking the freedom trail and taking in historical sites in Boston. We also made our way to Plymouth to see the rock where it all began. I also had my first cup of clam chowder and am in love with it. I need to find a recipe and see if I can recreate it. We also experienced our first Lobster Pound. I wasn't going to wear the bib, but after I was made to, I was thankful. It was quite messy but a fun experience. From blueberry pie to blueberry beer, we took in quite a bit of blueberries while in Maine. I didn't know until this trip that the majority of our blueberries come from Maine.



While in Boston we toured the city taking in all the historical sites and learning the true story of the Boston Massacre. As we were walking the streets we came upon the filming of R.I.P.D. The little boy in Pat came out when he saw the crew flip a car in a car chase. He was in awe!!

I realize this post is a bit all over the place bug I'm so tired, and this post has been waiting to be published for sometime now. Just enjoy the pics and not the dialogue.

The pictures I posted are mostly in Maine, but if I have time later I'll try and post more of Boston.



The Gang.



No we are not that short. They are standing on a higher rock.

Pat and I taking in the beautiful views and freezing.
The winds were so bad that our kayaking trip was cancelled.

Tara and Craig.





You think these two can read??
A view while we were waiting for the sun to set.


Another beautiful view.





A view from the car.



We had lunch at the bar that inspired the TV series Cheers.




Filming of a new movie called R.I.P.D.

Pat and I at Fenway Park. We actually got to go down on the
warm up track.

1 comment:

Tara said...

You are much more on top of things than I am in getting this posted. Seems like all we've been doing since we got back from that trip is fighting sickness around this house. I promise I will get it posted and pictures sent to you....hopefully sooner than later. Hope y'all are doing well!!