Today's visit brought all sorts of news that we are so grateful for. Abigail is on a respirator now instead of a oscillator, which is a big step. The nurses did tell us that it isn't unusual for them to go back and forth between the two machines, but at this point she is really doing well on the new machine. They also told us today that from the latest brain scan they feel that they may have over read Abby's bleed. They actually think it's a Cat 1 instead of a two.

Emma has been taken off of her tanning light because her jaundice and bilirubin levels have improved, and she doesn't need it anymore. They also told us that her brain scan showed that her bleed isn't getting worse. Typically when they scan the next day, they don't plan to see improvement, they just want to see that things are the same and not getting worse. Emma will have an echo done of her heart to see if the ductus arteriosus is closing. The ductus is a blood vessel connecting the main vessel leading to the lungs (pulmonary artery) to the main vessel of the body (aorta). Its function in the unborn baby is to allow blood to bypass the lungs, since oxygen for the blood comes from the mother and not from breathing air. Normally after birth the ductus gradually narrows and then closes in the first few hours to days, but in premature infants, this blood vessel may stay open. If this is the case they will treat her with more meds to help close it.

They are also going to start the babies on Jana's breast milk today. The girls will be given 1cc of milk over 6 hours. We are very hopeful that they will be able to tolerate it, as we know that it is a great source of nutrients for them.
We continued to be blessed by all of the outpouring of love and concern. The girls still have such a long ways to go so we are grateful to those of you who continue to pray for them and send positive thoughts. You all have a special place in our hearts.
8 comments:
Way to go Abigail and Emma! I'm so proud they are growing stronger each and every day. I'm so thankful you guys are in such a wonderful place that will take great care of them.
Here is a verse from the song played at your wedding that I think about when I think of your sweet family, "It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true."
Love you guys!
Jana and Pat,
We are so happy to hear how the girls are doing--and we know that they are going to improve daily with God's help. Traci gave me your blog so we can keep up with their progress.
I know Aunt Bailey and Aunt Kelsey can't wait to visit them.
You remain in our prayers.
With our love,
Carol and Bill Robison
Wichita Falls
Jana praying that you get to take those two little girls home soon.
Abigail and Emma ~ Stay strong, and healthy, your parents have so much love to share. Please God, let them have their miracle babies... PLEASE.
Yeah for good reports!!! It is amazing how strong our little preemies really are!!! I love the pics in their little condos!!! We love you guys!!!
sounds like terrific news today! prayers work, and i know so very many of us continue to pray without ceasing. yay!!
I am sooo happy with today's news! These babies are fighters just as their parents.
We will continue praying.
Hugs and kisses!
I am so happy that Abigail and Emma are doing so good. They are fighters.
Pat & Jana -- I've been following your blog closely. I'm so happy that Emma and Abigail are progressing, that Pat is able to relax enough to momentarily contemplate a different career, and that Jana is able to finally stand up! I know there is a long road left for you and the girls, but keep counting down those milestones. The strength and love you've shown on this blog are truly inspiring!
Jana -- I'm sending you a framed copy of Pat's "A Word About Women" blog. You and the girls will be able to point to it as a golden ticket with Pat for years to come!
Love & prayers to both of you, Emma, and Abigail.
Post a Comment