Jana started having contractions last night at 11 pm. The doctors and nurses felt that her body may be trying to pass on the placenta from Reagan's delivery. These same contractions carried on all night and at 7 am this morning, Jana felt something big happen.
It turns out that Emma Rose wanted to be brought into this world feet first. Due to the circumstances, they couldn't give Jana an epidural or any pain blocking medication for Emma's delivery. Of course, where one sister goes, the other must follow. Abigail was right behind her sister and they delivered 15 minutes apart.
I think we must have had 15 to 20 nurses, doctors, etc. in the room with us. The NICU team was able to entobate both Abigail and Emma and they administered surfactants for their little baby lungs.
They allowed us to see them for a second and give each a tender kiss on the head. Then they were whisked away up to NICU.
About an hour later the NICU doctor came down and told us that they were doing as good as can be expected and were slightly responding to the respirator equipment.
Unfortunately, with premature births, the placenta doesn't feel like detaching very quickly from the uterus and the process that Jana had to bear was unconscionable. She lost a fair amount of blood and is now getting two units of blood through her IV. Her color is starting to come back and she is completely drained of any energy. I'm here in the room trying to type this as quietly as I could, but I wanted to let all of you know how grateful we are for your prayers.
Jana was admitted to the hospital on 3/16 with a cervix that was dilated. We made it to 3/22 with Reagan and then actually made it to 3/27 with the twins.
Emma Rose weighed in at 1lb 2 oz and Abigail Ryan weighed 1lb 1oz. Our struggles and our fight is far from over, but if those twin girls have a single drop of the courage and strength that my wife does, they'll surprise everybody.
We'll update more as we go on this journey.
Just stop...
10 years ago
13 comments:
congrats guys! prayers to your beautiful girls that they become strong happy healthy babies
I am hoping and praying that these little ones are fighters!
Megan
Jana, still praying, and thank you for the update in this very trying time.
Cyber hugs to you and DH.
Dre
Congratulations and may you and your children continue to be showered with blessings. Girls can do anything!!
debra
Dear Jana and Pat,
Congratulations to you both! You have done a great job taking care of the girls. I will be praying a ton for you four.
Love,
Claudia
PS Jana, I have sent you a pm.
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet little girls. I am continuing to pray for your family. They will grow up strong!
Love ya,
Ginger
Congratulations! My prayers continue on your behalf; sounds like you have some of the best people in the world taking care of those two little angels! God does not give big problems to small people!
I am praying for the girls to all stay strong. You are in my thoughts constantly. Jana...you are truly a REMARKABLE WOMAN!
Congratulations on your precious baby girls! You have been incredibly strong in caring for your little angels. Blessings on them, you and your whole family. Many in B-CS continue to keep you in our prayers.
You have two beautiful daughters and an angel looking down on them from Heaven! Emma and Abigail are truly blessed with the love of God, thier sister and their amazing parents; I know that they will flourish under all this love. I'm so glad the girls are getting the best care possible. Jana, you AMAZE me, and Pat, you are a wonderful husband. You all are in my prayers constantly.
Happy Birthday Emma and Abigail! I am praying that they are even half as strong as their momma is...if they are, they will be STRONG FIGHTERS!!!
Happy Birthday Girls. Jana your girls will do great and they have one beautiful angel watching over them. They are in good hands and will flourish and surprise all of us.
Congrats!!! I know that you are just at the beginning of a long emotional ride. Please know that there are so many people who love you and continue to pray for your little girls.
hugs
Jamie
Post a Comment