Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reagan Mary Mies

A beautiful little angel girl was born today at 7:23 pm. Her name is Reagan Mary Mies. She is loved and was held by her parents until God took her into his arms at 9:24 pm. She weighed 1 lb 5 oz and measured 11 inches. Her little hands, arms, and face were adored by all.

Jana has been incredible through this whole experience. Our hope was picking up this morning as we made another day without incident. Around 3 pm, she began feeling strong contractions and they developed into labor. Her cervix dilated to 10 cm and we new that little Reagan was finally on her way into this world.

Unfortunately, in order to keep the other two babies safe, Jana was not able to take any pain medication and had to deliver naturally. Right after Reagan entered this world they gave Jana a big dose of magnesium to stop any contractions she was having. Magnesium of course wipes you out and makes you feel like you have the flu. Jana is stronger than any human being should have to be and I thank God every day to have found such a wonderful woman.

After delivery and things had quieted down, the doctors did an ultrasound on the twins and found that they were still pretty high up in Jana's uterus with a lot of amniotic fluid. Now we continue to pray that they will stay inside for at least another 7 days to give them a chance at survival. It was a miracle that they didn't deliver at the same time and we thank God for the hope we have.

To Reagan: Your mom and dad love you so much and know that you are in a wonderful place right now surrounded by love. We were so lucky to get to watch you grow up on ultrasounds and then to spend our moments here on earth with you was amazing. You're mom would always smile when she could feel you kicking and would call me over to her to touch her stomach. You are such a strong woman and held on as long as you could. You are beautiful little angel and we know that God has taken you into his loving arms.

Now we will continue to wait and hope for another day for our twins to mature in their growth of their lungs.

6 comments:

Marsha Meacham said...

My heart goes out to you all. I pray God will comfort you as He holds Reagan in His arms. I know little Reagan will be cheering for her sisters to 'stay put'. My prayers will continue for you all. God bless.

Ginger Wilson said...

I bet little Reagan was a beautiful angel and I know she is watching down on all of you right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I know the Lord is placing his hand over your sweet girls, taking care of them and protecting them. I pray you find comfort and peace and that the two little girls stay strong.

I love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and your entire family. I can bet Reagan is watching over you and her lil sisters right now. You are such a strong family. Sending you lots of prayers and hope.

Deb ;) said...

I do not know you personally, but I remember when you taught at CJHS, Jana. Ginger has done well to keep us all informed over these past few months. I was so touched by your blog concerning Reagan. Both my heart and my prayers go out to you. Your lives are an amazing testimony to us all. I am sure God holds Reagan in his arms and smiles down upon you.

Liza said...

Jana and Pat, my prayers are with you and your babies. Reagan is most definitely an angel and watching over everyone right now. I'm so glad you got to meet her, even though it was bittersweet. Now her sisters have a special big sister to help them stay in a while longer. God will bless you all immensely. Love you.

Kim Chance said...

Jana,
You are such a strong person, find peace in Him and comfort. We don't always understand the blessings He sends to us, but know He loves you. I am praying for your family. You have a ton of people thinking about you and keeping you all in their prayers as well here in Visalia.