We made it to 24 weeks! Just 2 short weeks ago, I didn't think our babies had much of a chance to make it to this point and here we are.
The electro-cardiogram conducted on Emma last night did show that the ductus arteriosus is open, but it is helping her. When her blood pressure gets too high, this duct is serving as a "pop-off" valve of sorts to keep the pressure off of her little heart. Therefore the doctors don't want to do anything to treat it, for fear she could overload her little heart.
Now it seems that one thing leads to another and can't be fixed because it will lead to another. Again, it's another wait and see game with Emma. They tried to give her 1ml of Jana's gogo juice last night but it didn't sit well with her and she is not yet digesting it. They can tell by the amount of bile that is built up in her feeding tube. So for now they are holding off on giving her any more milk. Emma continues to fight, dealing with a cat 4 unilateral IVH, possible lung disease, ecoli infection, and bruising. I know when Emma battles through all of these things and grows up she will either be a professional bull rider or a mixed martial arts fighter. I wouldn't be suprised for Emma to be the first female Division 1 middle linebacker. She's tough, unyielding, and strong - just like her mother.
When the nurses and doctors talk about Abigail they do so in a whisper because they don't want her to hear how well she is doing. She has been accepting of Jana's sweet nectar and has been weaned back twice from the respirator she is on. She is definitely going to be the over achiever of the family.
In the roller coaster ride of the NICU unit, Abigail is definitely at the top of the climb and Emma is on that slow rickety track climbing up.
Today Jana and I both severely sanitized our hands and reached into Abigail's "pseudo-uterus" (that's what we call the incubator) and touched her little hand. Abigail then squeezed our finger as if to say "don't worry I'm ok". That has been our first connection with our little angel and it puts a big smile on my face when I think about it.
The funeral home called today and Reagan was ready to come home. I went and picked her up and put her in a tiny little urn that is pink with a little angel on top. She is my sweet little angel and I know this container will remind us of her strength and beauty. I pray every day for Reagan to watch over her little sisters.
Tomorrow is another blessing..............
Just stop...
10 years ago
5 comments:
I'm thinking Emma may have a little of the "12th Man" spirit within her heart.
Abigail is probably going to be the one who makes sure all you guys are always where you need to be, when you need to be there!
It's amazing how different children can be, even twins! I know these two sweet girls will grow strong and healthy!
I believe the Lord has a purpose for each and every single life. While her life was short, I know Reagan's purpose will continue to be seen in the faces of Emma and Abigail.
I hope your blog is as comforting to the both of you as it is to everyone who reads it. I find myself checking the blog throughout the day and with each new post, I am finding it brings a smile to my day. The Lord is so awesome!
Love you!
Ginger
One of the most asked questions at CJHS is "Have you read the blog today?" We enjoy hearing from you all. We continue to pray for the strength of the Lord's hand on Abby and Emma.
I know the moment was pure heaven when Abigail squeezed your finger. We want to give strength to our children. It is humbling when they strengthen us.
Bless the miracle babies.
Hi! I'm a friend of Jamie McCaghren and she shared your blog with me. I can empathize with you guys and wanted to share our story with you for a little inspiration....
http://thegullattgang.blogspot.com
My 3 Aggies and me have been through a lot and I'm happy to share our story with you all :)
Christen
cgallemore@yahoo.com
Hey guys! I am so glad to have this blog to keep up with all of you. This is so exciting and such a miracle. We will continue to be praying for your family. We love you all. Deanna
Thank you for the update, i check it daily, if not more! I love all the faith that you have in your strong little Abigail, i can just see her as a little girl always fighting. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Your strength and love should be an example for everyone!
Blessings - Jamie
Post a Comment