My Mother, Diana, or Pat's mother-in-law has been living with us since March. She came to help us out while I was on bed rest, and little did we know how things were going to proceed. It can't possible be easy. I'm very particular and want things my way, and let's just say that Mr. Pat isn't in the habit of picking up after himself. Mom has been so much help while I've been trying to recover from such a difficult delivery. As weak as I was there is no way I could have made it through the last two weeks without her help. She keeps the house picked up, entertains Bella, does the laundry, irons Pat's work clothes, goes to the grocery store, cooks us dinner and cleans it all up. Did I forget anything????? I hope that somehow she knows how important her being her has been and the difference that she has made.
I love and appreciate her for all that she has given. I always thought I understood the meaning of a mother's love, but I think I now have a better understanding of what it means.
- Jana
I know what you're thinking.....Patrick, you and Barak Obama are in same boat. Both mother-in-laws living under the same roof for months on end. The difference is, he's got a lot more rooms to hide in.....
Diana or we call her (Dinah), has been living with us since March 8th. I have no idea how Jana and I could have made it through all of this without her here. There is truly no greater love than that of a mother for her child.
Dinah was supposed to get a new knee installed the first week of March. When she found out that Jana had to have a cerclage put in place she cancelled everything and came to Kansas to take care of her daughter. This was a big help to me, because I had to work while Jana was on bed rest at home and Dinah was able to cook for her and take her things. Unfortunately, living where we live, we are in a two story house, where the bedrooms are upstairs and the kitchen and living room are downstairs. So Dinah has to climb up and down those stairs every day on her bad knee.
I know that Dinah is going through a lot of pain right now. The physical nagging pain of her knee and the emotional pain of the loss of her granddaughter Reagan. The stress of watching your daughter go through all sorts of things that no one should ever have to endure. The daily worry of two granddaughters on life support in NICU.
I've watched so many TV shows and have seen women that turn to painkillers or alcohol to try to run away from struggles or challenging times in their lives. Dinah faces all of these challenges head on. She never complains or asks for help. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I come home from work every day to see Dinah with a smile on her face and hard at work in the kitchen. She has truly been a blessing to us.
I want to thank Dinah from the deepest parts of my heart and soul not only for the help that she has been this last month, but also for the way she raised her daughter. That is an accomplishment she can always be proud of.
Jana has some big shoes to fill and it's wonderful to have your own mother as a role model.
- Patrick
Just stop...
10 years ago
1 comment:
Hey, Jana! I was reading some senior blogs written by this year's seniors and thought you should read this one. http://ilovejuansalazarjr.blogspot.com/
Glad to hear the babies are improving and that you are doing well. Lisa
Post a Comment