Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thanks for the patience with us not updating regularly. I know how some of you get worried if you don't hear from us every day. The girls are continuing to improve every day. What a blessing!

Emma's feedings have increased to 15 mL, and they will continue to increase them until she reaches her max feeding for her weight. She is at 2 lbs 11 oz. Her apnea spells are still an issue, but today she has had only a moderate amount. They have decided to increase her caffeine doses to see if that will help. She is having some issues with her penrose drains, but they will keep on eye on them. She has been a little bit fussy the past few days, but her pacifier helps her settle in and fall asleep, as long as I'm holding it in.

Abby is being weaned down on her Hi-Flo nasal cannula gradually. Her O2 settings are ranging from the 50s to low 60s. She continues to do well with her feedings. She loves to eat. Abby is about 2 lbs 8 oz.

Thanks to Ginger and Marsha for the awesome baby books. I can't wait to read them to the girls. We still haven't gotten the computer working at the house, so please be patient with us on the post. We'll update when we can. P.S. we started on the nursery!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Pat and Jana,
We are thrilled to hear about the girls daily improvement. Everybody hear in Pontiac prays for them and always thinks of you. I have not written in a while, but I check your blog several times a day. I know you must be just drained, so thank you for being extremely zealous with your updates. We love you all and are constantly covering you in prayer.

Love, Mike,Karla,Cole,Ethan,&Sean


P.S. We had our first broken bone. Ethan broke his humerus. Never fear he has had ice cream for breakfast to help with bone growth.

Ginger Wilson said...

I'm glad you liked the book! I know it will be very soon when you get to sit in the nursery with the girls and read the book to them!

:)