We wanted to send a huge THANK YOU out to our friends Tara and Craig. Tara and Pat attended Texas A&M together and became good friends. Tara and Craig traveled from Nebraska down to Kansas to throw us a wonderful baby shower. They have a sweet little boy, Holt, who was born at the end of February and he is huge compared to the girls. Tara and Craig spent the weekend with us and Holt barely let out a peep. He would just stare at you and smile every so often.
Amazingly with a 4 month old baby and having to travel 8 or 9 hours to get to KC, Tara and Craig put together a lavish feast of heavy hordervs, deserts, and a beautiful "diaper cake" for the shower. We are truly blessed to have friends like that.
We also had severl of our neighbors that came as well and some of the members of our church family. It's hard to have a baby shower in a town that you've only lived in for 2 years. I'm so glad that Jana was able to finally have a big baby shower and enjoy something she has missed out on due to all of the things she's had to go through. Living in a great neighborhood, belonging to a great church, and having wonderful friends makes the NICU days seem much shorter.
Just stop...
10 years ago
2 comments:
You both are so welcome and it was a pleasure (and a lot of fun!) to host a shower for y'all and the girls. You are are SO deserving!
I just saw this on Tara's blog and then came to y'alls blog - I don't know if you remember me Patrick, but I was Tara's roommate in College. What an awesome story you two have and what two beautiful little girls with such beautiful names (I LOVE their names). Anyway, I just wanted to give you my thoughts and prayers as it sounds like you two have been through a lot, but also have great faith and strength. God bless you!
Post a Comment