It's been quite sometime since my last post, and I can say it is due to complete exhaustion. I've found that I didn't fully understand the different degrees of tired until I had two infants at home.
This week Emma has had an appointment every single day. Monday was lab work which shows that her liver enzymes are finally going in the right directions. Tuesday was with the pediatric surgeon. He was thoroughly impressed with Emma and how great she is doing. Wednesday was the NICU follow up, and they released her from their care because they no longer can do anything for her that the pediatrician can't. Today's appointment was to have Emma's hearing finally checked. Pat and I were pretty sure that she would probably have little of no hearing in her right ear since she didn't pass that ear in the NICU. Once again Emma proved us wrong. She passed the test in both ears. How awesome!!!!! Our hearts were just full of joy when we heard those words. They said that there are plenty of reasons why her hearing could have been delayed in that ear. One reason is the mild hydrocephalus that she has. Friday we have home health coming to check on the girls. Thankfully the weekend is near.
Next week we have two appointments with both girls, and then hopefully a break from doctor visits for awhile. I will post pictures when I get them downloaded from the camera. Thanks to all who still keep up with us.
Just stop...
10 years ago
7 comments:
I bet you are good at juggling! :) I'm always uplifted by reading the blog. I go away with such a sense of thankfulness for every blessing God has given your family. Before you know it, the girls will be celebrating their 1st birthday and the next thing you know you will be buying prom dresses!
I'm glad things are going well! Much love!
Wow. you still never cease to amaze me right along with your two little beauties. i love hearing all of the good news and progress. hope to see you soon. love corinne
Awsome news!
Congrats!!!
Busy probably doesn't even come close. I'm so thankful that you're all home together. I'm not surprised by the hearing test news. Our God is so faithful, and so very, very good.
Please - keep the posts coming when you can. It's wonderful to be able to watch the girls grow - even if it is through cyberspace.
Love you all,
fs
The girls amaze me with every post. I love their fighting spirit. They are so beautiful, everyone stands and stares at their announcement that is hanging in the office. Please keep the post coming.
Love to you all.
What amazing news about Emma's hearing test! Congratulations! You and Pat and your girls continue to be an inspiration for Chris, Cooper and myself. Hope you have some lazier days ahead!
So thankful for you all! The announcement you sent to CJHS is amazingly beautiful! May you continue to be blessed!
Post a Comment