The girls are doing great. We met with the occupational therapist, and she gave us some ideas to help increase Emma's upper body strength. We try to keep in mind that she spent the first 6 months of life pretty much on her back due to all the stomach issues. Abby is pushing up and trying to figure out how to get up on her knees to crawl, but I think we are still a little ways away from that. Emma is trying to figure out how to coordinate her mouth and tongue for eating solids. We've learned that if we can get it in the side of her mouth, she does a much better job of moving it to the back of her mouth. As for Abby when I can manage to get her to open up, she doesn't seem to have issues with eating. She just doesn't want to eat. We started with fruits just to see if that would interest her any....NOPE. Feeding time can be frustrating, but we will get through it. Neither of the girls have any teeth, but their hair is coming in slowly but surely. They are growing, but they are still tiny. In the diaper area Emma is wearing ones, and Abby has moved into twos which are a bit big on her, but she needed the increase in absorbency.
Emma has a check up this week with the eye doctor to see how she is progressing. We were supposed to take Abby and have her eyes checked as well, but when I called to confirm their appointments, they informed me that Abby didn't have an appointment. Isn't that interesting. I called the first of January to set them up, and I scheduled appointments for both. I was fuming when I got off the phone. Oh well, I'll be taking Abby to the appointment anyways in hope that if she is there they will see her anyways. I will also be expressing my irritation.
Here are just a few pics of the girls.
Emma has such a funny expression.....hmmmmmm

Abby having a fun time in her high chair.
Reading time....Emma first, then Abby.
4 comments:
Just precious! I can't believe how far they have come!
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well. As usual, the girls look absolutely adorable! Do they look like Pat? I agree with your thoughts about the weather, once spring time gets here there will be a bunch of preemies and preemie moms taking walks and enjoying the sunshine OUTSIDE for once!
Jessica, Chris and Cooper
Love the pictures of them reading books! So cute. I miss them :(
Hopefully I will get over soon.
This is the first time I can say I really noticed it, but the girls are really starting to look alike! How fun! We can't wait to them them (and y'all of course) next weekend!!
Post a Comment