I know that many of you are eagerly waiting a post about the girls' birthday, but I've been waiting to get pictures. I promise to post soon. In the mean time here are a few stats on the girls.
Emma is weighing in at almost 14 lbs. She is wearing 3-6 months although they are still a little big on her. I have to take her pants in a little in order for her to keep them up. She has been sitting up on her own for a couple of weeks now, and she started army crawling about 3 weeks ago. She really gets around this way. I'm sure in a couple of weeks she'll be up on all fours and cruising the living room. She loves to try and pull up, but doesn't quite have the strength to stand yet. We are still patching her eye, but it has become increasingly difficult to keep her from ripping it off.
Abby is weighing in at 14 lbs 4 oz. Her weight gain has begun to slow but at some point I guess it is supposed to. Abby has been crawling for about a little over a month. Once she got the hang of it we were scrambling to get the living room baby proofed. She is pulling up on everything these days and hitting her head on everything as well. She has a patch of hair that runs down the middle of her head. It looks like she has a mohawk.
Neither of them is a fan of eating baby food. After months of trying baby food, we've opted to just leave the jar foods behind and just give them table food. There are some jar foods that we still give, but for the most part it is whatever we are eating. They love puffs, cheerios, yogurt melts, and cheese. They attempted yogurt this morning, and they both really seemed to like this. Neither of them is sleeping through the night anymore. We were giving them a bottle around 3 am, but we've decided to stop this and see if they will take more during the day. Both of the girls are wearing size 2 diapers, and at night we put them in a size 4 diaper. We may need to move them to size 5 soon, but not sure the girls can handle a diaper bigger than a 4. The size 4 consumes most of their little bodies. The girls have a little horse they both love to sleep with.
I hope that I've gotten everyone caught up on what the girls are doing. They are just amazing, and it's unbelievable how they change so quickly. Their little personalities are ever present. When I get pics of both parties I'll update with details.
Thank you all for keeping up with us!!
Just stop...
10 years ago
5 comments:
Thanks for the update. Can hardly wait to see pictures of those little cuties. They are such miracles. It's hard to believe they are already one!
cant wait to see the pics...
We kicked off our March of Dimes fundraiser this morning at the junior high. Ginger shared pics of your little angels in the promo video she had made! They are both beautiful! I don't know which one it is, but one of them has the cutest crooked smile!! I am glad they are doing well!!
We had the same problem with nighttime diapers for Claire and Brooke. Our former nanny told us to try putting a maxi pad in the diaper. It sounds weird, but it works! Very rarely do we get a leak now. Glad to hear the girls are doing well!
I'm sorry the pictures are taking os long to get to you. I went by Wal-Mart again today and their machines are still down so I am going to try and see if I can find another store in town to burn you the cd. Hopefully I have them to you soon so you can share those cute pictures with everyone!
Post a Comment