Monday, June 1, 2009

Our little ones are continuing to amaze us everyday. Abby is up to 26 mL on her feedings, and she is at a whopping 2 lbs 15 oz. Her O2 is down, but they don't want to wean her on the pressure until she grows a little more. Emma's drains are improving, and she seems to be more comfortable. She is at 2 lbs 14 oz. They are hopeful that she will get to start feeds tomorrow, but we will see. They are swaddling her because she seems to like the coziness.

We'll update more about the girls later!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what good news..it is almost unbelievable that Emma, who to me seemed to be having the most trouble, has passed Abby in weight. I told you I thought she would be a little 'toughie'! Ha! Wow just think of it..at the rate they're going, you'll be having that five pound party sooner than you think..how about setting July 4th as your goal? What a celebration that would be..fireworks and all.
I hope you are getting more rest, Jena..same for you, Pat.
I is so good to read the reports and the pictures are fantastic.
My prayers and love, Vonnie

Anonymous said...

Your girls are just beautiful! Every time I check for updates, I look at their precious little faces. I can understand how tired you are as I went through a similar situation with my son and daughter-in-law. Just try to sleep whenever you get a few minutes. Even though many of those "few minutes" aren't as restful as a truly "long" sleep, it may keep you going. My daughter-in-law walked around in a haze for months. I'm in College Station, Texas, praying for strenghth for you and healing for Ema Those girls are so blessed to have you for their mom.

Unknown said...

Great news about the princesses!! How are you holding up? I wish we could be closer so we could talk personally. I believe that from here God will listen my prayers to give you strength, patience and hope. Remember, you are not alone!

Love!

Unknown said...

The girls are so beautiful. A few ounces must make quite a difference, because they look so much bigger than the last pics I saw. The girls & both of you are in our thoughts, hearts and prayers like always.
-jena & Emery

Ginger Wilson said...

Wow! They are really growing! I will be praying that you continue to have "average" days! :)

Lisa Forst Williams said...

Hang in there. I know the NICU is wearing you down by now. Y'all are doing awesome and the girls are doing great! God is good.

Sue said...

I've been away from home but got back on Tuesday and was dying to check in on you two and your beautiful girls. I am so happy that they really are proving to be as strong as their parents (but maybe better looking....lol). They are growing beautifully!